Welcome To The
SC JUNETEENTH FREEDOM FEST
Get Your Juneteenth Freedom Fest Shirts
Shirts available for sale at the festival!
What's Coming Up At The
2023 South Carolina Juneteenth Freedom Fest?
June 17th, 2023, get READY for an unforgettable day full of fun for the entire family. This year we'll be at Segra Park and you can look forward to activities like bouncing around in the bounce house, exciting games, jamming to LIVE music and DJ performances, enjoying artistic performances, indulging in delicious food truck snacks, and shopping with local vendors and exhibitors.
Don't miss out on this 1-day extravaganza -
MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!
2023 Juneteenth Freedom Fest Sponsors.
Become a Sponsor
Would you love to build more brand awareness?
Are you looking for a way to support
African American communities?
Do you want a way to expose your business to tens of thousands of people at a family-friendly event?
Become a 2023 Juneteenth Sponsor and introduce your business and your message
to tens of thousands of festival-goers.
Also At The 2023 Juneteenth Freedom Fest
In 2021, the unemployment rate for African Americans in South Carolina was 6.5%.
This is nearly double that of other groups. With that in mind, we had several local companies
involved with our first job fair where several people were able to obtain gainful
Covid Testing & Vaccination
South Carolina has experiences nearly 1.5 million confirmed covid cases and over 15,000
covid related deaths. National data show that counties with a predominantly African American population were more heavily impacted by COVID-19, both in rates of diagnosis and death. We have partnered with several medical groups in the midlands to do covid
tests and vaccinations.
Here are some ways to take action in support of Juneteenth:
1. Learn about the history of Juneteenth and share your knowledge with others. Educate yourself on the experiences of enslaved people and the ongoing fight for racial justice.
2. Support Black-owned businesses and organizations in your community. This can be a powerful way to help build economic empowerment and uplift Black voices.
3. Attend a Juneteenth celebration or organize one in your community. This can be a great way to honor the holiday and bring people together in support of Black liberation.
4. Advocate for policies that promote racial equity and justice. This can include supporting initiatives such as police reform, voting rights, and reparations.
5. Donate to organizations that support racial justice and equality. Consider donating to organizations such as the NAACP, Black Lives Matter, or local community groups working towards racial justice.
By taking action in support of Juneteenth, we can help honor the legacy of enslaved people and continue the fight for racial equality and justice.
There is no more powerful force than a people steeped in their history...
And there is no higher cause than
honoring our struggle and ancestors by remembering.
Juneteenth, also known as Juneteenth Independence Day or Freedom Day, is an American holiday that commemorates the June 19, 1865, announcement of the abolition of slavery in Texas, and more generally the emancipation of enslaved African Americans throughout the former Confederate States of America.
Juneteenth commemorates and emphasizes education, freedom, and the overall achievement of African Americans.
It is a time for reflection and rejoicing.
It is a time for community assessment, self-improvement, and planning for the future.
It serves as a celebration of the progress attained by generations of fighting for freedoms and rights; it also serves as a reminder of the work yet to come that will be necessary in order to ensure a brighter, more equitable world for all children and future generations.